The New Beauty Test Tube~Review

So I thought it's time to try a new beauty subscription box. I opted for the "New Beauty Test Tube". This subscription service claims to send you 5 or 6 beauty items- some of them full size, and some trial/travel sizes. Beauty Test tube ships 6 times a year, (every other month) for a price of $29.95, plus $8.95 shipping, plus sales tax. So it cost me $41.00 total. I'm not so thrilled having to pay such a high shipping fee, as most subscription boxes include shipping in their total price or offer free shipping. Sales tax too? Come on. You could look at it this way too: Divided per month it runs about $20.50.
What I got:
I'm only going to talk about the products I've already tried with updates to follow. First up is dr. brandt-needles no more: an "instant wrinkle relaxer". NOT. I used it on my under eye area (where I only have slight lines anyway). What the product does do is dry out my skin in that area. Plus the tube is so tiny; (like one's you get for free, or in a Birchbox or Ipsy), I feel that there is not enough product to really see any kind of difference, if you wanted to give it a chance. Full size retails for $89.00. No need-I'll pass.
"It's a 10" leave-in miracle silk. This one I was waiting to try. This stuff is a 10!
Sprayed on washed and towel dried hair, it leaves my hair silky soft, with no trace of frizz or split ends. Great smell too. This is a 2 oz. travel size, valued at $14.96.
That being said, I found this product at Drugstore.com for $12.50 for the 4 oz! Double the size!
Tan-Towel: a self-tanner towelette. This box came with 4 individual towelettes, ie:4 applications. O.k., they kinda suck! I used the exfoliant, then the "classic" and the face tanner; overnight it didn't give much color, if any at all. Today, I applied the "tan plus" packet. I'll have to wait 3-4 hours to see results, but so far, I'll take my "Fake Bake" over this one any day!
The Patchology hydrating mask (One application only): While I do not like sheet masks, I tried this one. It was somewhat moisturizing. Just o.k., and the full size product will run you $50.00 for 8 applications.
The one thing that Beauty Test Tube does well, is in this booklet they send, which describes the products in full detail, whereas other subscription services usually come with just a product card.
Overall, with these products that I have tried, I'd say I'm not sure this box is a winner. I'll give it one more box, before I make a final decision whether or not it's worth it.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis